Ready to play? Good manners always make a trip to the casino way more fun. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you go:
Saving a slot machine
- Be sure no one is using the slot machine when you sit down
- Players usually save their machines for short breaks. When you’re ready for a break, try not to hold your slot machine for more than 15 minutes
- Before you leave a machine, check with a slot attendant on any specific house policy regarding holds
- Save a machine by leaving a coat on your chair
- Never leave credits or valuables unattended when you take a break
Stay out of the way when you're not in play
Sit at a slot machine only when you’re playing it. If you aren’t playing, give the machine to a playing guest.
Playing multiple machines at once
Avid players sometimes play multiple machines at once, going back and forth between them. Be sure no one is playing the machine you choose. Even if nobody is sitting there, it might be occupied. Stick to one machine when the casino is busy.
Try not to covet your neighbour’s win
- You’re not competing against any other player, just against the house
- Keep calm during losses. It’s all part of the game, and has nothing to do with the machines, the staff, or other players
- Be a good sport to other winners – you’ll have more fun
Play at your best
Play when you’re at your best so you can have more fun. Avoid the slots if you’re hungry, tired or grouchy – that’s when you can lose perspective and judgement necessary to make the right decisions.